Terms, Conditions and Policies
Welcome to Greek LOL, the first greek online school for people around the world to learn Greek. This “Agreement” represents the entire contract between you and the Greek Online School LTD “Greek Lessons OnLine”. By visiting or becoming a customer of Greek LOL you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of use set out below.
By using services provided by Greek LOL, you agree to be bound by this Agreement and the Terms, whether you simply browse the Greek LOL website or you are a customer (which means that you have registered with Greek LOL). The term “we” refers to Greek LOL. The term “Material” refers to all class materials used in our classes. If you do not agree with all the Terms, do not use the Site.
Before you continue, you should print or save a local copy of this Agreement for your records.
Changes to these Terms
Greek LOL has the right to modify this Agreement and any policies affecting the Greek LOL Site. If you continue visiting or accepting services from Greek LOL means that you agree with the Terms and Conditions of Greek LOL.
Provision of the Services
We reserve the right to monitor the Services for purposes of determining that their usage comply with the Terms of Greek LOL. In addition, we maintain an absolute right to review and remove Material transmitted through Greek LOL that we believe is in violation of the law of these Terms. From time to time and without prior notice to you, we may change, expand and improve the Greek LOL Site and Services.
Rights of access
Greek LOL offers you right to access, use and display the content of this Site, provided that you comply with the Greek LOL T&C. The materials of this Site are provided to you only for your private, non-commercial use. Certain services materials of Greek LOL are available only to registered students of Greek LOL.
Use of the Service
Your right to access and use Greek LOL is personal to you and is not transferable by you to any other person. Your access and use of external applications related to Greek LOL may be interrupted from time to time due to malfunction of equipment, updating, maintenance or repair. Greek LOL has no responsibility for malfunction caused by external applications.
Greek LOL has no responsibility for any malfunction of any Teleconference Platforms used to perform our lessons. When and if the Teleconference Platforms are not operating properly, we will conduct the lessons via Skype. Please activate or sign up for a Skype account and share your skype ID with your teacher.
Intellectual Property Rights
All materials of Greek LOL, including content, text, images, software, audio and video files, documentation remain at all time property of Greek LOL or its suppliers. You may not post, distribute, translate or reproduce in any way any materials without the prior written consent of Greek LOL.
Privacy and Security Policy
Any personal information or other information about you collected by Greek LOL through, or in connection with, Greek LOL is subject to our Privacy and Security Policy. We do not knowingly collect identifying information from anyone under the age of 13 unless we first obtain permission from that child’s parent or legal guardian.
Videos and Photos
- For quality control purposes Greek LOL has the right to monitor classes by recording live lessons.
- Greek LOL holds permission to use image, video, voice and creative work of students and children as part of its promotional campaigns.
- Image, video, voice and creative work of students and children will be used only after Greek LOL receives parents’, guardians’ and students written consent.
- Greek LOL will not allow students’ images and videos presented in promotional campaigns to be personally identified.
- If permission is revoked, every effort will be made to remove relevant media from distribution, however this may not be possible or practical in some situations
- If in the future you wish your image not to be part of any promotion please contact Greek LOL for the video to be removed.
Greek LOL posts customer testimonials which may contain personally identifiable information. We do obtain the customer’s consent via email prior to posting the testimonial to post their name along with their testimonial. If you wish to request to have your testimonial removed please contact Greek LOL.
Chats and email
Greek LOL offers users the option to post messages, use chat rooms, and find learning resources. Users are solely responsible for the content of these messages. In addition, by using the services of Greek LOL, you agree to not publish, contribute or post any material that contains content which is not original or for which you have not received written consent or contains objectionable language. Messages and posts by users at Greek LOL are not representative of the views of Greek LOL or its employees and partners.
The free trial is available only to first-time users.
Fees and Payments
At Greek LOL we are committed to equal opportunities for everyone, ensuring it is accessible to all families, whilst providing high quality education. Whilst we aim to keep fees as competitive as possible, we carry out a review of our charges on an annual basis. Should it be necessary to increase the fees, you will be given the minimum of one month’s notice. We recognise that families have differing needs & therefore endeavour to meet the individual needs of all families.
- Parents/students are notified of the required fees by means of an invoice.
- Fees can be paid by credit, debit card, PayPal account or e-banking.
- We request 2 week’s notice before withdrawing your child. If notice is not given, we reserve the right to charge for this period.
- Fees need to be paid by the due date as shown on the invoice.
- Discounted lesson packages of 10, 20, and 40 hours, full course and monthly fees need to be paid in advance.
- Failure to complete payment by the due date will result in Greek LOL pausing your lessons until fees are paid.
- There are NO refunds/make-up lessons on unused lessons or lessons cancelled with less than 24 hours notice.
- Lessons cannot be transferred to another student.
- If you pay via E-Banking, please send us a receipt of the transaction, as overseas transactions might take 2-3 days or more to be fully processed.
- Greek LOL guarantees that every credit & debit card transaction you make at Greek LOL is 100% secure.
- Course fees are recurring and non-refundable after your purchase.
- Should you choose to take a break, unused lessons can be banked for you for a period of 6 months. Unused lessons after that time will be considered as forfeited.
- Lesson hours cannot be transferred to another student.
If you know of dates ahead of time where you/your child cannot make a lesson, please notify us when booking/paying for your lessons.
Monthly payments are 10 equal and consecutive monthly instalments of full 40 hours course fees. Students are invoiced by the end of each calendar month. Invoices are payable due the 1st of each calendar month or by the due date shown on the invoice. For each course you should receive 10 equal monthly invoices. Courses end after the completion of 40 hours. If you have paid all 10 monthly instalments but you have not reached your 40 hours, you will continue having lessons until you reach 40 hours. Monthly fees do not represent the exact number of lessons scheduled in each month.
The 10 hour-package includes a 5% discount of full course fees. The 20 hour- package includes a 10% discount of full course fees. The 40 hour-package includes a 20% discount of full course fees. All discounted packages are paid in advance.
Students paying per hour need to complete the payment after the completion of each class or by the due date. Failure to complete payment by the due date will result in Greek LOL pausing your lessons until fees are paid.
When you cancel a lesson
- Cancellation of a lesson must be made AT LEAST 24 hours prior to the scheduled lesson time in order to receive a make-up lesson.
- All cancellation or postponement requests must be made in writing.
- No-shows or failure to attend (e.g. for technical reasons) as well as failure to notify the teacher 24 hours prior to the scheduled lesson time is considered as a missed lesson and you will receive a recording of the lesson directly from your teacher. Recorded lessons will be available for you to watch for 1 week.
- The maximum charge rate of last minute cancellations is the fee of a 60min. lesson on the level of the student.
- There are NO refunds on unused lessons or lessons cancelled with less than 24 hours notice.
- Lesson hours cannot be transferred to another student.
- Regarding any cancellation issues, please contact our Administrative Coordinator via email at: email@example.com
- Exceptions will be made with respect to Holiday breaks, Christmas, Easter or any other holiday and special event of yours as long as your teacher has been notified
When Your Teacher Cancels
If the teacher needs to cancel the lesson with less than 24 hours notice, we can assign a cover teacher. In case there is no cover teacher available, we will offer you a make-up lesson plus a gift lesson on your account. For example, if you have prepaid for 20 hours and your teacher has cancelled 1 hour, then the total hours on your account will be 21 instead of 20.
If your teacher needs to cancel a lesson and you are notified at least 24 hours before the lesson starts your will be offered a make-up lesson.
Make Up Lessons
- Make-up lesson will be scheduled at a time convenient to both the teacher and the student.
- Typically, make-up lessons take place at an alternate time/day within the week or after the completion of the course.
- Make-up lessons, not used after 3 months of the course completion, will be considered as forfeited.
- A make-up lesson can be booked with your teacher directly.